Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone who reads The Mom Show a very Happy Mother's Day!!!

Whether you are pregnant, have an infant, toddler, child, teenager, grandchildren, or don't have children, but have a Mother, this is a day to appreciate you.  You are helping to mold the society of our future.  You are a caregiver, doctor, chef, chauffeur, tutor, friend, enemy, listener, enforcer, preacher, teacher, and so much more.  And if you're not hearing this as often as you should (which would be every day, probably numerous times), you are SO IMPORTANT! 

  I truly hope that each and every one of you has someone showing you love and appreciation every day, but on this day in particular, I hope that the fact that you're an awesome mother is being honored.

A lot of people talk about this day as being a "Hallmark Holiday", and I guess, in theory, they may be correct, but who cares??  It is a day to honor all we do as moms!!  How often do you have a day that's all about you?!  (I feel exactly the same way about Father's Day for what it's worth... My husband works very hard, and is an excellent father.  He deserves his day most definitely!  There will be another post about that in about a month though.)

The point of this, though is to genuinely wish each and every one of you a wonderful and Happy Mother's Day!    I hope you're pampered and taken care of.  Even if you have to do it yourself, make sure you're having a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!