Saturday, January 30, 2016

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi

I love Sushi. Unfortunately my family does not. My seven year old daughter likes the idea of sushi, but like her father, is not a fan of much fish. So this is a fun easy way for her to enjoy "sushi".

I live in Virginia. As many of you may know, we recently had a very large winter storm. This has resulted in over a week off from school so far. Since there is only so much playing in the snow you can do, we have been getting creative in looking for fun things to do, and when creativity starts to run out, she had chores. During these snow days, she learned to do laundry, work the microwave, and now has a new fun recipe she can make herself for lunch.

I used a whole grain tortilla, and spread peanut butter and jelly on it,






Than I simply rolled them up, and sliced them, placing them on a paper plate in a way that slightly (but enough to be fun and pretend!) resembles a couple rolls of sushi!












All you need is a pair of chopsticks (though your fingers work just fine too) and an appetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!