Friday, November 9, 2012

Why Did I Replace Our Computer?!

As many of you may know, a few months ago, I was struggling with a computer that just would not work. It would freeze, take forever to load webpages, and need to be restarted every 10-15 minutes, and then take 30 to start back up again! Do you know how hard it is to blog with a computer that functions that way? Losing saved posts, not having certain websites (like photobucket, and even sometimes Facebook and Blogger. It was awful!) work at all, asking for guest posts because I just couldn't get the websites to work. It was difficult, and I was just about ready to give up.

We ended up replacing our computer that probably could have been (and now that I know what I'm about to share with you, still may be) fixed.

I knew there were options for possibly trying to fix it, but taking it somewhere and paying for them to tell me whether or not they might be able to fix it was just not something I was interested in doing. It's so hard, first of all, to find a place, take it, and wait when I have a four year old requiring attention and disliking boredom!

I really wish that someone had told me about companies like Computer Help Today. They are able to remotely help you by cleaning out your computer, and helping you figure out where your problems may lie. Good IT services, are really hard to find sometimes! To me, any company that can remotely fix my computer while I wash my dishes is pretty awesome. It is really nice to be able to know that whatever problems may arise with my computer can be fixed without ever having to part with my computer, or really even do much of anything. They even make payment easy. You either pay a one time fee, or you can pay once for a year pass!

Like I said before, I am now glad to know about this kind of service. I wish I had been more aware a few months ago, as it probably would have saved us quite a bit of money, and now, hopefully I'm doing that for you. Don't replace a computer you haven't tried to fix yet!

Disclaimer: I received financial compensation for this post. My opinions as always are my own..

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my computer is running so slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thing to keep in mind just incase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice, I always thought I had to take my computer into the store to have it fixed and that was a HUGE hassle! We took my sons to the Geek Squad and it was send back and didn't return for about 3 weeks. That wasn't a problem for him since he is 12, but for me, I can't be without my computer for that long!

    Bobbie Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting idea. Will hang on to this information for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome...I will keep it in mind. As bloggers we should probably have out computers mantained from time to time

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!