Friday, November 16, 2012

Why Not Create an Ideal Holiday Getaway

The stress of the Holidays can make anyone feel like they need an extra vacation. The cooking, shopping, wrapping, hosting, cleaning, ugh.. Just writing about all of the things that need to be done to create that special perfect family holiday can really make your head spin.

Why not take a vacation too? You can still have your family holiday, and then treat yourself (and your family) to a little getaway (I know that sometimes, money, and taking time off of work can make it difficult, but if you can do it.. hey.. why not, right?)

You can take a weekend, a week, whatever, and go somewhere special with just your family. Create wonderful, lovely memories of good times that simply cannot be placed under the tree (and let's face it, if your child is like mine, some of what ends up under the tree will be broken or she will grow tired of it long before you want to buy her the next awesome toy in the commercials!).

One of the little trips that I've always wanted to take with my family involves one of these:


Photobucket



Of course, for my family, this particular kind of adventure would involve warmer weather, finding horses, and I'd probably need to purchase  Equestrian clothing and horse gear. But this kind of trip for us, would be best planned in Spring, Summer, or Fall, BUT, I definitely want to take my family horseback riding sooner, rather than later. But, as I am writing this post, I am dreaming of a Holiday getaway with my family. I am dreaming of escaping housecleaning, and all of the things I'm going to have to do to make the day special, and just, simply, have some fun with my family.  Preferably away from real life for a while.  (hubby.. if you're reading this.. hint hint haha)

What would your ideal Holiday Getaway consist of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!