Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

I wanted to take a moment, on behalf of The Mom Show, and my family, to personally express our greatest gratitude to the men and women who are willing to lay down their lives for this wonderful country, and the people in it.  I know, and remember, today, and every day, that because of people like you, there are so many freedoms that we are able to enjoy.  I can publicly thank God, talk, pray to, and worship Him, because of the people that fought for my freedom of religion.  I can write my opinions, or just about anything that I want on this blog, my Facebook page, and in other places, because they fought for my freedom of speech.  There are so many other things that I, and probably most of us take advantage of, that people have died to protect. But the most important of all, is that I can tuck my daughter into bed, and then fall asleep myself, knowing that there are people out there making sure that this country that we are blessed to live in, is safe.

These people, that I believe are so under appreciated by society, sign up for this job, knowing full well, that this job could be what ends up putting them at death's door.  Most of them do it, so that they can do their part in not only ensuring that we are able to keep the rights that we all take for granted (or at least I know I am guilty of this sometimes), but they know that they may end up fighting to help other countries to gain the same rights that we have.  They sign up knowing, that, at any given time, they may have to fight in a battle that they don't personally agree with, but in believing that they are serving the greater good, sign up anyway.

My husband was in the army for almost 8 years, and, as an army wife for most of this time (we were dating when he joined), I have been able to meet a great many of these people, and I have to say that I am honored to know or have known all of them.  I am so proud of my husband and the time that he served, his reasons for doing so, his willingness to do whatever it takes to help this nation.

I just want to ask all of my readers to take some time and reflect and appreciate what this day really means.  Be thankful for all that it means to live in the United States, and to be grateful to the people who have helped to form our home country.

In closing, I want to wish you all an extremely happy, and safe Memorial Day!  Have a great day with your families today, and for those of you, who are like my poor hubby who has to work, I hope that a day comes soon where you are able to enjoy some good quality family time for celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!