Saturday, May 26, 2012

Buying children's shoes

Okay, so someone asked me to post about cheap places to buy shoes for our kids.  I promised that I was going to write about anything that was requested today, so here are my two cents on this issue.

I have a 3 year old, so she's still young enough where she's going through shoes really quickly.  Now, I am really blessed to have three nieces who are a little bigger than she is, so we are lucky enough to receive a ton of hand me downs.  When I don't have what I need as far as that goes, the first place I look is at Goodwill, the Salvation Army, thrift stores and consignment shops.  I always wash them really good and spray them to make sure that they're clean before she wears them (and I never get sandals, so her feet are never actually touching the shoes.) Because, as I said, she grows out of shoes quickly, there's a great chance that other kids her age are outgrowing shoes before there's too much wear and tear on them, so they are still very good. 

When I can't find what I am looking for in any of those places, I will sometimes go to Wal-Mart or Target.  Again, if she's going to grow through them quickly, I am not going to spend top dollar on them.

I did a little searching, and if you go to shoes.com, you can take 10% off of your order, plus FREE SHIPPING by using the code 10OFF.

If you're shopping online (or even in stores) for any product, I highly suggest researching coupon or discount codes for the particular store that you're shopping at prior to purchasing anything.

Totsy also has shoes for sale. They carry anything from prenatal items all the way up to age seven, and you can get items for much cheaper than retail.

 I hope this post helps to clear up any questions that the reader who asked for it has.  I also hope that it gives you all some good ideas on getting inexpensive shoes for our children. (Seriously, why do shoes at retail for children have to be so expensive??)


And remember, during this Memorial Day weekend (including Monday) I am handing my blog over to you, and writing about whatever you want me to write about.  Go HERE to find out how to make a request!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!