Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Fitness Habits -- Blogging Challenge

So, another challenge is to talk about my own fitness habits.

As I clicked "create post" and wrote in my title, I realized that this is something that's a little embarrassing. You see, the title of the prompt was "couch potato or fitness guru?"  I have been a little bit of both, and a little bit of in the middle, but lately, as of now, I do believe, that I qualify as a couch potato.

I have been overweight for a large percent of my life.  I go through phases of a few months at a time when I decide that I'm going to do something about it, and one of two things always happens. Either I get going, and am doing a really great job, weight is coming off, work outs are becoming easier, and I end up saying "I've lost a little bit of weight, I can take a little bit of time off of this diet and exercise routine", or the weight is just not coming off, I'm not feeling much stronger and progress is just not being made as quickly or as well as I'd like, and I get so frustrated that I just stop and quit.

That being said, I do a lot of playing and running around with my daughter (my body is just obviously used to that, since it's certainly not helping me with weight loss at all!), and I do a lot of housework, errands, and running around for my family and home, so I really don't know that couch potato is really the right word.  At the same time, however, since I've started blogging, I've been spending a lot more time on the couch with a laptop in my lap! 

3 comments:

  1. its hard not to spend time plugged in when you blog. We are doing a half marathon in September so I need to keep moving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been telling myself that I need to start jogging, or.. something.. I had been doing a really good job with workout dvds and stuff but I just.. stopped..

      Delete
  2. With Babysitting a new baby I've been more of the couch potato lately.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!