Summer Blog Challenge
Worst Injury I've ever Had:
The worst injury that I have ever had is a tough one. I had a lot of serious injuries, both as a child, and as an adult. As a kid, I have fell down stairs, and I even put my whole arm through a glass door once. As an adult, I have burned myself cooking, sprained ankles, I broke my hand in a car accident once, and once I sprained my thumb breaking up lettuce for a salad (yep, figure that one out!).
Today, I am going to write about a time, when I got second degree burns by splashing hot oil out of a skillet and onto my fingers. I have to tell you, this was definitely one of the most painful injuries that I have endured yet.
What happened, was, while I was cooking dinner one night, (I was trying to make spaghetti with sauce.) I apparently put too much (WAY too much) olive oil into the pan to heat before putting the meat in. I was in a hurry, dinner was really late. I plopped the meat into the pan really quickly, and at least a quarter cup of hot oil splashed up onto my ring and little finger. It burned immediately, and my initial reaction was "hey, towel!" so I tried to wipe it off (if you are ever in a similar situation, don't do this!). That HURT terribly. Then, as I was trying to run my hand under cold water and cook my ground beef at the same time, which wasn't working very well. Finally, my husband arrived, looked at my finger, got me some medicine to put on them, helped me take my rings off (my fingers swelled up pretty badly), calmed me down, and took over dinner.
I don't know how much detail you want to read about the extent of my injuries, but I will suffice it to say that the healing process was fairly long, and that the skin on those fingers is mostly new, and now a little scarred.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.