Sunday, December 2, 2012
Need a game to play with your family and Christmas guests? Try Spontuneous!
Have you ever heard someone say something that prompted a song to pop into your head? A simple word that almost had you break into song? Because apparently, that is how the game Spontuneous came to life!
This game would be a great gift for your family. It's family friendly and fun! A great way for families to sit together and play. Singing and playing will add so much excitement to a family game night or fun at your next party!
Here's how you play:
Object: To stump the other players from being able to sing a portion of ANY song containing your
Trigger-Word! The 1st player to reach Finish WINS!
1. Think of a song you know, choose a word (not a phrase) from those lyrics and write it down on your
Hit-List. This word is called a Trigger-Word. Think of another song and repeat.
2. Play begins once all players have written down a few (3 to 5) Trigger-Words.
3. Once all players have at least 3-5 Trigger-Words, play is started by the first Tunesmith.
4. The other players race against each other to SING a 5-word portion of ANY song containing the
5. The 1st player to BEGIN singing BEFORE the time expires rolls both dice and advances on the treble
6. If time expires and everyone is stumped, the Tunesmith must flip the timer and prove they know a
song by singing a 5-word portion of lyrics containing their own Trigger-Word.
7. If the Tunesmith CAN prove it, they roll both dice and advance. If they CANNOT prove it, they must
roll both dice and move backwards.
8. The person to the left of the original Tunesmith becomes the next Tunesmith and attempts to
stump the others with a Trigger-Word
from their own Hit-List. The Tunesmith position ALWAYS rotates clockwise.
9. If a player lands on a Spontuneous Treble Clef, they must draw a Spontuneous® Card and complete
10. The 1st player to reach finish and complete the Spontuneous® Challenge WINS!
This is a fun game. Talent, of course is NOT required, only a willingness to have fun and sing! We played this with some friends and had a great time, there were definitely a lot of laughs! It's a game where you kind of forget about being overly competitive as we were all laughing, and apparently between all of us, we listen to a wide variety of music!
This can be played with as many people as you'd like. The game comes with ten pieces, however, it can also be played in teams (which I've heard some people say is even more fun!
Buy it on Amazon as a gift, or in time for your Christmas celebrations!
Disclaimer: I received one or more products above for review purposes only. I was not required to write a positive review. My opinions as always are my own. This post may contain affiliate links. The Mom Show's giveaways are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media networks. The sponsoring company is responsible for all shipping unless otherwise stated. The Mom Show is not responsible for sponsors not upholding their promises and cannot reimburse you for items or the value of products. Should this occur, please contact The Mom Show and I will do my best to help you achieve promised winnings.