Sunday, October 28, 2012

Scrapbooking with Rubber Stamps!

I have been scrapbooking for years! I love it. It's been such a great creative release for me.  I love all of it.  I love going through my photographs, remembering the memories that are contained (and finding a great way to preserve them!)  I love cutting and pasting (I used to love making collages as a child, so this probably explains it!)  I love finding the perfect embellishments to add to the photographs, and further explain the memories in my photographs.

I keep all kinds of different items from ribbons, rubber stamps, stickers, magazine clippings, buttons and more!  There are things in my craft box, that no one would expect to be there.  Once I'm able to use it once, I will keep it for the future.  I keep gift bags and wrapping paper to use for pictures from holidays and birthdays.  They make great background for the photos (and some gift bags have some adorable embellishments on them that can be used!) .  I kept a bunch of the table confetti from my wedding, and it made a great addition to my wedding scrapbook!  I actually used a napkin from my baby shower in my daughter's baby book!  I have begun using rubber stamps as a simple page filler that looks nice, but doesn't take away from the pictures.

I currently have a wedding book, baby book, and an everything book.  I have been working on another "everything book" for my husband as well.  I also did a couple of memorial scrapbooks for a girl that I went to high school with who passed away very young.

I only wish I had more time to do this. I am really a perfectionist when it comes to doing this (even though I typically only do it for fun) so it takes a lot of time.  I also don't like to start a new page that I won't have time to finish within that same session! There are so many great tools out there to help!

If you're interested in learning more about scrapbooking, tips and tricks, etc, please comment, including any questions that you may have and I will write follow up posts on this topic, featuring answers to your questions!

  Disclaimer:This sponsored post was made possible by SheHeard. I have been compensated for my time and work on this campaign, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

2 comments:

  1. I can't scrap book...not sure why - I do 3 pages and then I put it aside. But I love rubber stamps for other crafts.... they are great for decorating sooo many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using rubber stamps too. The different techniques can be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!