Friday, October 12, 2012

Give your college kid the gift of worry free books!

I remember when I was a college student. Money was always tight, and this often meant decisions had to be made. Do I go out with my friends tonight, or buy groceries, and things like that. In fact, when I was in college, I had NO idea how to cook.. At all. So groceries typically consisted of take out.

One of those decisions that I had to make, was "how am I going to buy Christmas gifts for my family in December, and then still have plenty of money for text books in January?"

I was also raised by a family who firmly believed that there was a great importance in buying practical, usable gifts for Christmas.  (I had a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and things like that in my stocking as a child, and frequently had underwear, socks and other clothing with one or two toys under the tree.)

I have a way for you to relieve a huge amount of financial stress for your own college kid.  I was thinking about this yesterday, and thought that this would be a great time to remind you all of campusbookrentals.com,  where you can rent text books for much cheaper than you can buy them!  I am suggesting that, if you have a college student who is going to start a semester, you consider using this great site to get them their books as a gift!  This site makes it so easy, and saves you a bunch of money on books.

I found a book called Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright for rent on their site for $27.82.  Most of the text books that I looked at on the site were between $25 and $35.  This is so much less expensive than purchasing text books. Depending on how many are needed, this can save some people hundreds of dollars!

Not only that, but you can also let them know, that a portion of their profits are also donated to Operation Smile, which is an organization helping children with cleft lip and cleft palates.  They help to provide life changing, and sometimes even life saving surgeries and treatments for families that would otherwise not be able to afford these expensive treatments!  So you can let your gift recipient know that your purchase for them also helped this company to make a great difference!

As part of my Holiday Gift Guide this year, they are also going to be offering a Giveaway in December (so one of you might be able to save some money on this gift, should you decide to do it!), so keep a look out for this!

Disclaimer: I received monetary compensation for this post My opinions as always are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!