Monday, April 23, 2012

Laundry seems to ALWAYS be staring me in the face....

I think I'm going to start daily posts about things that we all face every day, and ask for your input..

I'm going to start this with laundry.  Because let's face it.. we all face it, we all have to do it.. and it is never fun (if there are any of you who enjoy it and are looking for more, you are more than welcome to come to my house and I'm sure there are others who will gladly pass some your way!)..

The question I want to put out to you all, is what is your laundry routine?  Do you do it as a family?  When kids are sleeping? Does everyone put their own laundry away or do you put it all away?  Do you let it pile up and do a few loads at a time or do you do it daily or as often as you have a full load?

Me--I have kind of a crazy routine.  But my husband has a work uniform that he has to wear, and some of it has to be washed separately from everything else.  This requires me to wash some part of his uniform at the very least, every other day.. Usually every day.  So I do laundry every day, but I still seem to let our laundry really pile up a bit before I do it all, then, once or twice a week I do 3-4 loads of laundry and get it all done.
The other issue that I face, is that because my husband works overnight, and therefore, sleeps all day, then my daughter takes a nap after he leaves for work, I find myself having a hard time finding a good time to put it away.. This past week, two loads sat already washed, dried and folded in my laundry room before I put it away!  (oops.. )
But I actually don't mind folding it, I will wait until my daughter goes down for a nap, I will put something good on the television and sit there zoned in on television and folding laundry.  (at which point whoever is sleeping will have their laundry sit in the laundry room while I put it the rest away.. haha)

So, there's my far less than perfect laundry routine, What's yours?  Answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I actually enjoy laundry- more so than cleaning the bathrooms!! I also have to wash my husbands work clothes separately from the rest. I wash his 1-2 times a week. (He works swing shift so it depends on how many days he works- sometimes he works 4 days a week and then others he works 3 nights) I wash our 11mo daughters laundry separately also and do hers about once a week. Then comes the every day wear clothes towels, and bedsheets- I do about 2-3 loads of that alone a week. So all together I do 4-5 loads a week. That is just for 3 people. I usually start the wash with my daughter since she loves to help :) I fold it when she is napping and put away as she is playing and not paying attention to me because her new favorite hobby is pulling clothes out of the drawers after mommy puts them away. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!