Friday, February 8, 2013

Hubby's Foolproof Sweet Tea!

My husband has recently gained a love for Sweet Tea. We have been buying it in the store, but at over $2 a bottle, his habit was a bit expensive, so he began trying to make it at home, and now he prefers to do it that way. His recipe and technique aren't exactly typical, mainly because he actually uses our coffee maker to do it..

Photobucket

Fill the coffee pot to the 12 cup mark and put it into the coffee maker, and then place 12 tea bags within the pot. Put the pot back into the maker with the tea bags inside, and turn it on (don't put the filter or anything inside, obviously.) and let it brew.



Then let it steep to your preferred strength and remove the tea bags (they're going to be hot, obviously, so be careful) and discard them. Let it sit for about 10 minutes (away from the coffee maker) and then add 3/4 cup of sugar and stir.

Photobucket

Then let it cool, and serve over ice, and/or refrigerate the rest in whatever bottle you're going to keep it in, until you're ready to drink.

Photobucket

My husband loves this. You can add or subtract from the amount of sugar that you use until it's perfect for you, as well. Let me know if you try it and what you think!


2 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I make my tea, Gevalia coffee pot and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I made fun of my husband so many times for this.. I didn't realize it was something people did.. it is genius, really.. He'll get a kick of knowing others do this too.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!