Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm leaving...

But only for a few days.

What is the longest amount of time that you have ever spent away from your children? Was it hard for you? What was your reason?

The reason I'm asking, is because my husband has given me an early Valentine's Day gift. He is giving me a long weekend to go spend with my aunt in New York. I am leaving tomorrow, and will not be returning until Monday afternoon. He, essentially, is giving me a vacation from my mom and wife duties.

A break like this has kind of been my secret fantasy for quite some time now (who wouldn't love a break, right?), and I am definitely looking forward to it. I also know, that it will be beneficial for both my husband and my daughter to have the one on one quality time together.

But I'm also nervous, and finding myself feeling really guilty for wanting to take the trip. I am LEAVING my CHILD for five days. It is going to be a really enjoyable trip, but this is BY FAR the longest that I have ever been away from her. I am going to miss them both terribly. I am still going to go, and I'm sure that I will still enjoy myself very much. It's a gift, and I want to take it. However, I am nervous, feeling guilty, and a little bit sad at the same time.

So, again, what's the longest that you have been away from your child? For me, it's one night. As of next Monday, I will be able to say that the longest we've ever been separated was five days.

It's kind of humorous, actually, that for Valentine's day, my husband got me a trip away from him, and I'm building him a man cave, where he, will undoubtedly be spending plenty of time away from me. I promise we really are romantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!