Monday, January 21, 2013

Valentine's Day Update!

So I posted here about a great idea for my husband's Valentine's Day gift.  I talked about how I wanted to make him a Man Cave.  I had lots of ideas you can read about in the post. I would like to update you on my progress.  I have gone over my budget only slightly, but I'm okay with it, because I've been able to make it work.

I was able to find a refurbished 42" Sanyo LCD flatscreen for only $300!  I have bought refurbished electronics before without issue, and this is covered under the same store warranties as their other new products, so I figured I couldn't really lose out on anything other than spending an extra $500 or so.

I purchased a living room furniture set on Craigslist for $100 including delivery on the day that I'm setting everything up.  So there will be a sofa, love seat and chair.  This was a great deal (especially since I really wasn't sure how I was going to get everything to my house and hide it, the timing and delivery was really crucial).  but I really don't like the pattern of the furniture, so I also spent $60 on ebay and got some beautiful black suede slip covers for them.  These ugly couches are going to be beautiful now!

We got a TV stand at Goodwill.  It's not beautiful, but it will hold the television, and it was only $7.00!

I haven't bought it yet, but I can get an area rug for $25, and I plan on doing that soon.

I also spent about $20 on some posters to put on the walls.

All I need now, is to actually go buy the area rug, and to get an extention cord/power strip so that I can actually plug everything in.  Then, on his last night of work around Valentine's day, a bunch of people from our neighborhood are going to help me move everything and get the furniture in the house.

Now that I am SO close to having everything I need, I am REALLY excited.  I just want the setup day to arrive so that I can get it put together, and I am SO looking forward to being able to show him.  He truly deserves to have this space of his own, and I am really, extremely glad that I am able to give that to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!