Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My New Years Resolution!

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope that all of you have wonderful memories of 2012, and have made peace with the ones that were less than wonderful. I also hope that all of you has many blessings coming your way in the New Year.

Do you have any New Years Resolutions? Share them in the comments below!!

I have one. It's a big one, I made it for myself last year also, but, unfortunately, I have not accomplished this yet.

My resolution is to learn to love myself. I want to fix all of the things that I don't like about myself and change them. My self confidence is literally non existent, and it affects just about every aspect of my life, from my parenting, my marriage, to the way I operate and function, and my social life. I made this resolution last year, I even saw midnight roll around while I had hair dye on my head to get rid of grays. I did well for a small while, but then I stopped working on changing things about myself.

I need to lose weight, a lot of weight. This is my first goal and I have already started working on it. I have even joined a weight loss challenge with some fellow bloggers, and will probably start something similar here if I can generate interest. I would love to lose about 100 lbs. My biggest challenge will be keeping up the work, while being patient with the results. I always get frustrated, and end up saying "forget it".. I need to remember that this journey will take time. I MUST be successful this time. If I'm ever going to feel good about myself, if I'm ever going to really love myself, than this is a necessity.

I need to quit smoking (remember that I tried last year? I need to try again). I haven't started that one yet, simply because I really need to prioritize things. I need to start on one journey and get used to that one, then embark on another, so while I begin my weight loss journey, I will begin cutting back on smoking, and then gradually stop cold turkey. I WILL have stopped completely and be smoke free finally within a few months. If I'm going to be live long enough to love myself, this is a necessity. I'm hoping that exercise will help make this transition easier.

Those are my two biggest goals, but overall, I just want to do more to care for myself. If I tell myself that I deserve it, than eventually, I'll believe it. If I don't like things about myself, than I'm the only one that can change them.

What are your resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. I want to lose weight as well. My goal is to lose about 50 pounds give or take. Peaopl say its so easy to lose weight after having a child but I don't think its all that easy at all. I've had 2 children and in between my two children I had a miscarriage. I was losing weight while pregnant with my daughter which scared me. By the time I had her, I gained no weight at all. I pretty much gained the weight after I had her, now I want it gone and I want to look good and feel better about myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, let me say that I am terribly sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I have been there, I know everyone deals with things like that differently, but for us, it was devastating. I have had a hard time with weight loss as well though. I seem to get stuck in the same place every time! I am, however, desperately hoping to push through that this time.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!