Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Insecurity and Low Self Esteem are Terrible Things

Here is another personal post. I would love some input on this. I don't know how to fix it.

I have, for as long as I can remember, been insecure. I have always had low self-esteem, and somehow, it continues to get worse.

How do you teach yourself self-worth? How do you overcome insecurity? The more I think about it, the more I realize just how much of my life that it really impacts.

But how do you fix it? How do you make it better? How do you get to a point where you love yourself, just the way you are, when there are so many things that you know you don't like about yourself?!

I have been trying to go the route where I work on fixing the things that I don't like about myself (I've lost 4.2 pounds already, but it's only been a week, gotta keep going!). But every time I look in the mirror, or really think about it, I am realizing that the list of things that I want to change is just daunting! I could list them here, but I'd really rather not. But a few of them are my weight (I'm working on changing that), the fact that I feel boring, and I'm a terrible housekeeper!

Have any of you ever been here? Have you walked this road that I find myself facing every day? Has anyone ever overcome this on their own and learned to love themselves just the way they were?

I am reaching out to all of you, as this is definitely something that I desperately want to change about myself even more than anything else. Thanks for reading and I really hope you'll comment!

Now, back to actual work. More posts later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!