Sunday, March 25, 2012

I promised recipes..--Taco Pockets

In my initial setup, I said I was going to share recipes as a part of this blog, and this is my latest creation.

Taco pockets--
1 lb of ground beef or turkey (I use ground turkey in almost everything calling for ground beef.)
1 packet or 1/4 cup of taco seasoning
small amount of water
1 small onion
1 can of corn
shredded chedder cheese
2 cans of crescent rolls

Preheat the oven to whatever temperature the crescent rolls require
brown beef or turkey, drain,
add onion and simmer until onions start to get soft,
add taco seasoning and just enough water to blend,
simmer until water cooks away,
add corn, mix well.

take out crescent rolls, and you can do this part one of two ways, for larger pockets, you can combine two triangles or just use one for more smaller ones (I did half and half. My husband liked the bigger ones, and my daughter liked the smaller ones.
Either way you do it, lay the dough on a flat surface, and add some of the meat mixture.
place a little bit of the shredded cheese on top of the mixture
Than surround it with the dough and place it on a lightly greased cookie sheet upside down.
Once all of these pockets are made set it in the oven for 8-11 minutes
Let cool for a few minutes and remind your kids that the insides are going to be really hot!




Don't forget about my giveaway, it's going to end in less than 8 hours~

Also, don't forget to follow my blog and like me on facebook. -- https://www.facebook.com/TheMomShow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!