Friday, September 9, 2011

First post

    Hi there!  My name is April, and I have decided to try my hand at blogging professionally..  I am going to try my hand at blogging about various things that moms have to deal with on a daily basis.. As a mom, and someone who wanted to try my hand at some kind of work that I could do from home, I decided to take up blogging, and what better to blog about than the things that I am doing on a daily basis.  Especially since so many other people are also doing the same things, facing the same issues, and hoping for the same results at the end of the day.
    I am going to write daily, and hope for followers.  I will write about money saving tips, craft ideas, and other fun activities that both you and your children will enjoy.  
     The first thing I will share with you, is a craft that I recently did with my three year old.  Here is the photo of the one crafted by her own hands. (with perhaps a little help from mom.)


We made a bird.  We used feathers, pop poms, pipe cleaners, beads and some glue.  We had two different sized pom poms, glued the smaller one in front of the larger one, and than we took two beads, (you can use some of those squiggly eyes that they sell, but we had beads on hand so we used those) and glued them onto the smaller pom pom for eyes.  We also used a yellow pipe cleaner, cut it into three pieces, two larger and one smaller.  The smaller one, we bent in to an approx. 45 degree angle, and glued the ends under the eyes to form a beak.  The two larger ones, we folded feet into the bottom of each, and glued them to the bottom of the larger pom pom.  We had craft feathers, the bag had a few different sizes, so we took four larger ones, and glued two to each side of the bird (we put glue on the ends, and than pushed them in between the head and body) and two smaller ones, that we glued to the bottom end of the bird.  Now, my daughter just wanted SO badly to play with her new creation, but we had to wait for the glue to dry.  It was fairly fragile before the glue dried, so make sure you keep that in mind.  Another thing to remember, (let me rephrase that, here's something you can learn from my mistake)  My daughter and I are going to have to make another one of these, because apparently, our cat LOVED it.  I woke up in the morning to find the feathers all over the floor, and the bird in pieces on our cat tree.  Keep this in mind if you have pets.  


This was today's project to share with you.  I am so excited for what I'm about to share with you tomorrow.  I have started really trying to budget and save money with couponing.  I recently ordered all of the things to make a good coupon organization system.  I will share it with you tomorrow!  

1 comment:

  1. nice job on the bird, great to share crafting with kids...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!