Monday, May 21, 2012

12 Hours Nicotine-less

So, at about 9 pm, last night, I had my last cigarette.  This morning was a little rough, but I've made it so far.  I haven't used any other form of nicotine as of yet.  I want to see if I can survive the 72 hours it takes for nicotine to leave your system.  I have patches on hand, however in case I feel it necessary to use them.

This morning, I had my first cup of Quit Tea.  I have to tell you, it doesn't taste wonderful, but it is a lot better with sugar and a little bit of cream.    I was almost done with it, and still had that jittery anxious feeling you get when your body is wanting to smoke, so I was about to write it off as something that might not work as well as I had hoped.  Then, all of a sudden, right before taking my last sip, it just all of a sudden kicked in.  For a few minutes, I felt calm, almost to the point of feeling a little.. fuzzy.  Luckily, that feeling only lasted for a few minutes.   Now, about ten minutes later, I have the urge to just smoke and then go to sleep (hey, Rome wasn't built in a day!) which, at 10 am, is a little inconvenient, but I'm hoping that throwing a little caffeine in might curb that feeling.  (the fact that it's a dreary, rainy day, makes it a lot easier to not want to go outside to smoke. However, it also leaves me not doing some of the things that we would normally do today if it were nice outside, which leaves me more time to think about smoking,

Well, I just wanted to update, as I told you all that I would post here to let you all know when I have officially qiut.  Thank you again for being here, and showing interest in this journey.  Now I have to drink some coffee, as that tea has made me a little drowsy, and I just typed about a quarter of this post with my eyes closed.. (So, can I just say, it will be great to take this before bed time.)

So, I must know, has anyone else stopped smoking today?  There's still time to make that decision!!  I have, and while I must say, I may not be loving it right now, I know that eventually, sooner or later (hopefully sooner....?) I will be glad that I made this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Talk to me!